ATHENS, Ohio -- The Ohio football team has learned its eight Mid-American Conference opponents for the 2020 season, as announced by the Mid-American Conference.
The Bobcats are set to play four conference home games at Peden Stadium and four conference contests on the road. Dates, kickoff times and broadcast information will be announced at later dates.
Ohio will play host to MAC East Division rivals Akron, Bowling Green and Buffalo in addition to a contest against MAC West Division opponent Eastern Michigan. The Bobcats will visit two East Division rivals next year, with trips to Kent State and Miami on the docket. Ohio will travel to Central Michigan and Toledo for its two road games against West Division opponents.
Ohio has also set Saturday, Oct. 10 as its 2020 Homecoming celebration date. Stay tuned to OhioBobcats.com for more information regarding next year's Homecoming game.
2020 OHIO FOOTBALL MAC OPPONENT NOTES
• Akron: Ohio last hosted Akron on Nov. 23, 2018 - a 49-28 win for the Bobcats. The Bobcats are 21-14-1 all-time against the Zips and have won 12 of the last 15 meetings.
• Bowling Green: The Falcons are set to visit Peden Stadium for the first time since Oct. 20, 2018 - a 49-14 Homecoming win for Ohio.
• Buffalo: Ohio blasted Buffalo, 52-17, in the Bulls' last trip to Athens on Nov. 14, 2018. The Bobcats are 9-6 against the Bulls over the last 15 years, including a 6-1 home record.
• Eastern Michigan: The Eagles will visit Athens for the first time since coming away with a 27-20 win over Ohio on Oct. 15, 2016. The two squads last squared off on Sept. 23, 2017, in Ypsilanti, Mich., which resulted in a 27-20 overtime victory for the Bobcats.
• Kent State: Ohio is 45-25-2 all-time against Kent State, including a 10-5 mark over the last 15 years. The Bobcats edged the Golden Flashes in their last visit to Dix Stadium on Oct. 6, 2018, prevailing by a 27-26 score. Ohio has come away victorious in its last three visits to Kent.
• Miami: The Bobcats will be looking to halt a two-game losing skid to the RedHawks and pick up their first victory in Oxford since a 17-7 win on Oct. 1, 2016.
• Central Michigan: Ohio will visit Mount Pleasant for the first time since Nov. 15, 2016, when the Bobcats suffered a 27-20 setback to the Chippewas. Ohio's last win over Central Michigan came on Nov. 10, 2011 - a 43-28 road victory. The Bobcats have fallen short in their last four matchups against the Chippewas.
• Toledo: Ohio has won its last two matchups against Toledo, most recently beating the Rockets at home, 38-10, on Nov. 8, 2017. The Bobcats last visited Toledo on Oct. 27, 2016, which resulted in a 31-26 victory for Ohio.
Ohio (6-6, 5-3 MAC) will conclude the 2019 season on Friday, Jan. 3, when it takes on Nevada (7-5, 4-4 MW) in the 23rd Famous Idaho Potato Bowl. Kickoff is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET/1:30 p.m. MT at Albertsons Stadium in Boise, Idaho. The contest will be nationally televised on ESPN, with Anish Shroff, John Congemi and Kris Budden on the call. The game can also be heard on the radio on the Ohio Sports Network from Learfield IMG College, with "Voice of the Bobcats" Russ Eisenstein and Ohio alum Rob Cornelius on the call.