ATHENS, Ohio --The matchups for the second annual Myrtle Beach Invitational have been released. The event, hosted by the American Athletic Conference, will be played November 21, 22 and 24 at the HTC Center in Conway, S. C.
The Bobcats open play at the Myrtle Beach on Thursday, Nov. 21 when they take on Baylor at 4:30 p.m. on ESPN2. The following day (Nov. 22), Ohio will take on either Utah or Coastal Carolina, with the conclusion of the three-day tournament set to take place on Sunday, Nov. 24.
The Bobcats enter the tournament under first-year head coach Jeff Boals, and will return Mid-American Conference Freshman of the Year and MAC All-Freshman team member Ben Vander Plas (Ripon, Wisc.), along with fellow All-Freshman Team member, Jason Preston (Orland, Fla.). Ohio will welcome seven newcomers to the roster, freshmen Ben Roderick (Columbus, Ohio), Marvin Price (Baltimore, Md.), Miles Brown (Rochester, N.Y.), Michael Brown (Rochester, N.Y.), Lunden McDay (Akron, Ohio), Nolan Foster (Mattawan, Mich.) and graduate transfer Sylvester Ogbonda (Port Harcourt, Nigeria).
Owned and operated by ESPN, all 12 games of the 2019 Myrtle Beach Invitational will be televised on ESPN2, ESPNU, or ESPNEWS. All times are listed in Eastern Standard Time.
Thursday, November 21
• Game 1 - Villanova vs. Middle Tennessee, 11:30 a.m., ESPN2/ESPNU
• Game 2 - Mississippi State vs. Tulane, 1:30 or 2 p.m., ESPN2/ESPNU
• Game 3 - Ohio vs. Baylor, 4:30 p.m. ESPN2
• Game 4 - Utah vs. Coastal Carolina 7 p.m., ESPNU/ESPNews
Friday, November 22
• Game 5 - Villanova/Middle Tennessee loser vs. Mississippi State/Tulane loser, 12 p.m., ESPN2/ESPNU
• Game 6 - Villanova/Middle Tennessee winner vs. Mississippi State/Tulane winner, 2 or 2:30 p.m., ESPN2/ESPNU
• Game 7 - Ohio/Baylor winner vs. Utah/Coastal Carolina winner, 4:30 or 5 p.m., ESPN2/ESPNU
• Game 8 - Ohio/Baylor loser vs. Utah/Coastal Carolina loser, 7 or 7:30 p.m., ESPNU
Sunday, November 24
• Game 9 - Game 5 and Game 8 winners, 10:30 a.m. or 1 p.m., ESPN2/ESPNU
• Game 10 - Game 6 and Game 7 losers, 10:30 a.m. or 1 p.m., ESPN2/ESPNU
• Game 11, Championship - Game 6 and Game 7 winners, 5 p.m., ESPN
• Game 12 - Game 5 and Game 8 losers, 7:30 p.m., ESPNews
The remainder of the Ohio men's basketball schedule will be released later this summer.