ATHENS, Ohio - The Ohio volleyball team (12-7, 4-2 MAC) will return home to The Convo this weekend to continue Mid-American Conference play when the Bobcats take on Ball State (10-8, 4-2 MAC) and Toledo (7-11, 0-6 MAC). Ohio will be at home Friday against Ball State at 7 p.m and Toledo at 6 p.m on Saturday.
Friday's match is Ohio's annual Dig Pink match. Fans will given a pink rally towel. To get involved, click here.
Friday, Oct. 18 | vs Ball State| 7 p.m. ET | The Convocation Center | Athens, Ohio | Live Stats | Watch Live
Saturday, Oct. 19 | vs Toledo | 6 p.m. ET | The Convocation Center | Athens, Ohio | Live Stats | Watch Live
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Ohio went 2-0 last weekend after earning two road wins against Akron and Buffalo
- Redshirt sophomore middle blocker Dahlias Bouyer (Brownstown, Mich.) was named Mid-American Conference East Defensive Player of the Week for her performance against Akron and Buffalo. Bouyer was stellar on both offense and defense for Ohio last weekend when the Bobcats picked up two road MAC wins. The biological sciences major had seven blocks in each of the matches, both which tied a career high. Bouyer had three solo stuffs against Akron and two against Buffalo.
- Junior setter Vera Giacomazzi (San Vendemaino, Italy) is No. 2 in the nation in total assists with 843. Giacomazzi is No. 11 in the nation in assists per set with 11.24.
- Junior libero Macy Reihing (Lexington, Ky.) is No. 39 in the nation in total digs with 338.
- Ohio is No. 2 in the MAC in hitting percentage at .221.
SCOUTING BALL STATE
Ball State is 10-8 and 4-2 in the MAC. BSU took down Eastern Michigan in five sets last weekend and lost to Central Michigan, 3-1. Ball State is No. 40 in the nation and fourth in the MAC in digs per set at 16.26. Allison Hamaker leads the way for the Cardinals at 2.97 kills per set while Natalie Mitchem has 2.66. Kate Avila leads Ball State in digs per set at 4.21.
Toledo is 7-11 overall this season and 0-6 in the MAC. UT lost to Eastern Michigan and Central Michigan last weekend. Zoe Birnbirch leads Toledo with 193 kills and 2.88 kills per set. Rhyen Neal leads UT with 3.78 digs per set. The Rockets are No. 206 in the nation in kills per set at 12.09.